Thursday, March 17, 2011

a RoUsInG sPeEcH tO tHe PeOpLe'S pArTy!

On March 12, 2011, Representative Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) was the keynote speaker for a gathering of Wisconsin Progressives in Madison, WI. He gave one of the most rousing and fully accurate political speeches I have ever heard! He addressed every single aspect of what I believe a People's Party faction in Congress should be all about.


Those who are mistakenly on the right of the political spectrum may accuse Kucinich of demagoguery, but this was no disingenuous speech designed to merely sell books or garner votes for a personal political campaign. Rather, this was a heartfelt, impassioned speech before a large audience I haven't seen the likes of in a long, long time. It was a speech of common sense and which appealed to our spirit of fairness. It was remarkable!

I would strongly encourage you to go to www.youtube.com, key in Kucinich Rallies Wisconsin, and then sit back and enjoy 16 minutes of pure, unadulterated progressive pleasure. It is absolutely phenomenal!

I owe another remarkable person, 85 year old progressive DARLENE over at Darlene's Hodgepodge (http://darleneshodgepodge.blogspot.com/) a huge debt of gratitude for turning me on to this.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, Jack. I really admire Dennis. Kay Dennison (Kay's Thinking Cap) lives in Ohio and says they call him Dennis the Menace. He is a menace for right wingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off-topic, but where you been, Jack? I even wrote a post to you, so sorry was I to not see you around any more. Join me? And I'll try to do the same for you.
    Rich Miles
    www.logicalnegativism.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete